Welcome to J-Camp 2011!For nearly 50 years, the Jewish Community Center of Rhode Island has provided a wealth of recreational, cultural, wellness and educational activities for our community in a warm and welcoming environment. Today, that legacy continues as we serve infants to seniors with diverse programs, services, and classes, combining traditional favorites with dynamic new offerings.
The JCCRI welcomes you-regardless of race, religion, age or ability. J-Camp provides hundreds of children non-stop fun and unforgettable memories. Our summer programs for kids ages 2 through 13 meet the needs of every camper, build lasting friendships, and provide a solid foundation for your child's future. Our success comes from putting kids first, doing all that we can to make each child feel comfortable, welcome and happy. We bring talented professional staff that know how to turn a group into a family. We maintain the highest standards of safety and service, and infuse our programs with unique activities providing lots of fun and meaningful experiences.
Our curriculum focuses on activities that enable children to grow, build relationships, and develop self-confidence and self-esteem throughout the camp season. Each child is treated as an individual and encouraged to explore their self-potential, as well as appreciate the value of being a part of a team, group and a community. Our range of programs ensures a summer of creativity, skill-building, new friends and, most importantly, fun.
We offer excellent staff-to-camper ratios. Many of our talented administrative staff, specialists and senior counselors will be returning to J-Camp this summer. Our staff are selected through an interview process which examines education, training, prior camp experience and the ability to work with children. Camp staff participate in an orientation week and ongoing training, including first aid/safety training, and special programming and skills workshops.
Depending on your child's tastes and skills, you may choose our J-Camp Experience or one of our Specialty Camps that will be offered every week of J-Camp. We look forward to having your child join us for a fabulous summer!
J-Camp Key Facts
- Little Kid or Early Childhood, Big Kid camps for Kindergarten through grade 7 run weekly June 27 to August 26
- Members & non-members are welcome!
- Camp Hours • 9am - 4pm
- Early Arrival • 8am - 8:50am
- Extended Day • 4pm - 6pm
- All campers should bring a dairy or vegetarian snack & lunch, bathing suit & towel, sunscreen, water bottle, and hat daily.
- All J-Camp programs are co-ed, with age or grade requirements listed by camp.
- Campers are divided into groups based on grade entering in September 2011.
- To register, use the linked registration form (in PDF format).
- The complete camp guide is also available in PDF format.